Home >> Pets >> Exotic Animals

Exotic Animals Articles

The Turtle Prolaps, Causes And Advice    By: Dalvin Rumsey
Prolaps represents a turning inside out and outside of the turtle’s body of their cloaca in females or penises in males and it occasionally happens to the ... anesthetic. The prognosis is not very favorable. Be careful and learn from as many sources as possible about more information that will help you with your turtle.
Basic Bearded Dragon Care Guidelines    By: Sarah Munn
Reptiles make great pets for those with the proper mindset, and Bearded Dragons are among the most popular of those reptile pets. They are sturdy, just small ... that they require careful attention to keep from becoming ill. With proper attention and care, a bearded dragon can be expected to live a long and healthy life.
Understand The Low Appetite Of Your Pet Turtle    By: Dalvin Rumsey
Most of the tortoises are aquatic reptiles, which need to be in the water while feeding, in order to be able to swallow. In most of the cases, even if you put ... a hibernating one or a female with eggs don’t eat for several weeks. In other cases, it is extremely important for a veterinarian to examine your turtle.
Cure An Aggressive Pet Rat    By: Catherine Smith
Is your rat aggressive?Does your rats often start fights with the other rats? Does he bite, or scratch you, or the other rats? If he does, I may just be able to ... To deal with fights between your rats have a plant mister of water at hand. Spray your rats if they fight and if this doesn t work throw a towel over them.
The Peruvian Paso Horse    By: Angela Thompson
There are many different types and breeds of horses that specialize in many different areas; some are best for racing, some for jumping and others for parades. ... right fore- instead of diagonal like trotting horses. In this way the weight is more evenly distributed and little to no movement is transferred to the rider.
Essential Elements for Proper Koi Fish Care    By: Serlock Four
Koi fish is one of the most popular preferences for pet fish these days. That is because Koi fish is a dazzling and colorful ornamental type of pet fish. This ... Because not only these dazzling and vibrant ornamental pet fish are fun to look at (especially when feeding), some Koi fish keepers say that Koi fish are lucky.
Echidnas    By: Emma Snow
What has the beak of a bird, the spines of a hedgehog, the gait of a reptile, the pouch of a marsupial, and the lifespan of an elephant? If you answered an ... are toothless, and use their tongues to slurp up ants, termites, worms, and insect larvae. Their Latin name Tachyglossus acculeatus means "fast-tongued and spiny."
The Complex Behavior Beyond The Parrot Bite    By: Dalvin Rumsey
Parrots’ behavior is commonly misunderstood by people who have them as pets. Parrots have a complex behavior which is a little harder to manage by a person, not ... or actions. It is important for the human not to be dominating in the relation and to work things out by treating the parrot as an equal not as a thing.
Feeding Madagascar Hissing Roaches.    By: Devin Price
There are many opinions out there on what to feed madagascar hissing roaches. I have kept and breed these fascinating creatures for years. I have to admit that ... breeding ventures. With a little patience and a lot of research I m sure you will have as much fun and success raising madagascar hissing roaches as I have.
Breeding discus fish    By: Linda A
Breeding discus fishIt is not uncommon that exotic fish owners find Breeding discus fish a little bit difficult to get baby discus. The hardest part about ... you may have some more siblings soon afterwards. Feeding and water are essential all throughout the breeding period, so, make sure that you don? make any mistakes.
African Elephant    By: Emma Snow
The largest land mammal on the earth, weighing up to 16,000 pounds, elephants have captivated observers for centuries. Elephants have been used for labor, war, ... and a symbol for faith and religion for some, they are quickly dwindling in numbers, and it is not known how long these captivating mammals will survive.
To Aerate or Not to Aerate, Weekends and Vacations with Your Aquarium, and What Causes the Schooling of Fish    By: Stephen M. Seabrook
To Aerate or Not to Aerate? The beginner aquarist may believe that an aerator, air pump or an air stone is an essential part of the aquarium. While this was a ... can do to make aquarium observation more enjoyable. Just be sure that you do nothing to endanger your fish and that any changes made can be easily undone.
Benefits Of Live Rock - Live Rock Is Your Best Choice When Setting Up A Saltwater Fish Aquarium    By: Laurren Schmoyer
The current trend is to setup new saltwater aquariums using live rock. Another option that some people choose is to decorate with dead corals or man-made ... distress and/or killing existing livestock in the aquarium. Therefore uncured rock is primarily used when setting up a new aquarium with no other inhabitants.
Ferret Adrenal Disease – What a Ferret Owner Should Know About a Bald Ferret    By: Jillian Williams
I spent some time volunteering at a ferret shelter. I’ve owned ferrets for a number of years, and I had some time on my hands since I had just moved to the ... Jenny recovered from the surgery beautifully, and was a wonderful pet until she passed on three years later, she more than repaid me in love and laughter.
How to Setup a Mini Aquarium with Mudskipper Paludarium and Dwarf Cichlids    By: Stephen M. Seabrook
Aquarium tanks that hold between 15 - 40 liters (4 - 10 gallons) of water are considered miniature aquariums or mini-tanks. This is not an ideal aquarium for ... mudskippers live in the tidal regions of rivers. While they can live in fresh water, it is best to add some salt -- about 1 tablespoon per liter of water.
Prev | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next

mobile phones