Improve Cash Management Capabilities With Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0
By: Alicia Mauldin
Better cash management is a key driver of better financial outcomes and a condition of survival for small and growing companies. In today’s demanding economic environment, powerful and adaptable business finance software is a necessary tool for managing business outcomes, and an outgrown accounting system is a dangerous liability.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Financial Management module provides a flexible and functionally rich cash management capability that saves time and money and is fully integrated with the GP 10.0 platform. It lets financial managers make decisions that are based on information that is accurate, complete, and current. The application’s high adaptability makes it possible to proactively manage critical areas of cash management, including cash flow, collections, bank reconciliation, receivables, and payables.
Cash Flow Management enables timely monitoring of inflows and outflows on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis in user-friendly, calendar-based interface. GP integration with other Microsoft accounting and office software makes it possible to:
• Access business-critical information quickly, with clear, customizable views and extensive drill-down capabilities;
• Optimize ﬁnancial decision making with forecasts based on what-if scenarios that can incorporate information from other integrated Microsoft GP applications, posted and unposted transactions, and different opening balances; and
• Predict and understand anticipated cash ﬂow to identify any shortfalls and surpluses, make smarter investment decisions, and improve day-to-day ﬁnancial planning.
Collections Management improves cash ﬂow and reduces bad debt expense with centralized customer information management, automated tracking for overdue payments, and targeted delivery of collections notices that reach the right customers at the right time. It enables the company to
• Reduce bad debt expense by centralizing customer contact and collection functions and targeting overdue accounts;
• Minimize administrative workload for collections by automating correspondence, e-mail, statements, and invoices for customers, freeing staff resources for other tasks;
• Increase sales productivity by feeding collection contact notes and other customer details back to the sales force; and
• Improve cash ﬂow with streamlined, customizable, and highly efﬁcient collections
Bank Reconciliation is enhanced by managing banking transactions through a single, automated intersection. All bank-related activities for the business ﬂow back to Bank Reconciliation from across the Microsoft accounting software, making it easy to maintain tight control of mission-critical financial information and processes. GP 10 integration provides a system to:
• Reduce administrative costs and improve ROI with streamlined processes and
intuitive tools for reconciling multiple accounts on a regular basis;
• Speed up transaction entry and processing with ﬂexible defaults, customizable views, and intuitive tools for reconciling multiple accounts on a regular basis; and
• Help ensure accountability with complete transaction tracking, "point-in time" checkbook balance inquiries, and full audit trail reports.
Receivables Management helps maintain tight control over Accounts Receivable by providing the capabilities to easily and quickly track invoices, process receipts, and analyze customer activity to manage sales more effectively and achieve lower overhead costs. This component of GP 10 business finance software offers a flexible and integrated approach to:
• Improve cash flow by providing access to vital information needed to make more effective business decisions using comprehensive reporting capabilities and straightforward customer account and sales performance tracking;
• Enhance customer service levels and increase retention with customized information history, and notes that are easily accessible when working with customers; and
• Reduce administrative costs and increase office productivity with automated receipt processing and posting, and personalized statement cycles that fit the company’s customers and business.
Payables Management provides significantly improved control over payables and the ability to manage expenses more effectively with comprehensive vendor information, payment scheduling and tracking, and up-to-the-minute answers to current cash flow status questions. Its versatility enables the payables function to:
• Manage vendors effectively, save time, and improve efficiency by streamlining vendor information for instant recall of billing, payment discounts, and other information any time it is needed;
• Enhance productivity by reducing overhead costs and empowering employees with automated
payment vouchers and scheduling, customized documents, and intuitive transaction entry;
• Keep vital information accessible by finding the information needed to make better business decisions with easy-to-use inquiry tools and windows, along with a comprehensive
suite of reports that make it possible to accurately analyze accounts payable activities; and
• Simplify expense allocation by deferring payments or costs over multiple periods with
automatically managed calculations and journal entries customized to fit business needs.
With its rich functionality, high adaptability, and innovative design, Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 and its Cash Management module bring to growing businesses a powerful time and money saving business finance software tool that does it all. The GP10 integrated approach to linking with other Microsoft accounting and office software provides financial managers the means to ensure that the right people are getting the right information at the right time to meet business goals.
About Integrity Partners
At Integrity Partners we believe that the success of your accounting software solution begins with choosing a knowledgeable partner. Our expertise extends way beyond the implementation phase of a new solution. We are so committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our customers that the owners of Integrity Partners are "hands on" managers of every project. Allow us to share our enterprise resource planning (ERP) expertise with you. For more information on Microsoft Dynamics-GP 10.0, please visit Integrity Partners online at https://www.integritymbs.com or call 888.869.4090 ext 701.
At Integrity Partners we believe that the success of your accounting software solution begins with choosing a knowledgeable partner. Our expertise extends way beyond the implementation phase of a new solution. We are so committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our customers that the owners of Integrity Partners are "hands on" managers of every project. Allow us to share our enterprise resource planning (ERP) expertise with you. www.integritymbs.com
Article Source: http://www.ArticleBiz.com