Necessary Essentials of blogging
By: Ash Sharad
Necessary Essentials of Blogging
In recent times we have seen tremendous growth in blogs and bloggers. Blogging has become a perfect platform for many to express themselves, to share and more importantly to earn online. This trend is increasing in a positive tone, however with the increasing number of blogs over web, it has become tough to get proper readership as well as recognization in the blogosphere. In the mean time there are few things which can be done to increase readership, traffic, earnings and visibility through blog over the web.
I started my first blog eight months ago and from that time I have grown the blog count to five. I have performed many experiment with the first blog i.e.http://blog.adspotlive.com, and have applied all the new finding to my new blogs. So, if anyone starts a new blog then he/she can apply these findings and can get desired results in shorter duration.
1. Regular blogging: This is fact that regular blogging is best thing blogger can do to get new visitors and get them turned into loyal readers. New question comes out of it regarding frequency of blogging. Frequency solely depends upon theme of blog, like sports blogs are supposed to be updated more frequently than others. Same goes with the news blogs.
2. Getting involved in blogosphere: This means getting social with other bloggers. When one visit a blog of his/her own niche or some related niche, then read the stuff over there properly and leave comments on its content, quality or layout. This earns you backlinks, few new visitors which may turn in loyal visitors and good placement in search engine results.
3. Feed section: One should always focus on turning new visitors into regular visitors. I am confident that we all know the importance of feed circulation in blogosphere. It is advisable to put a "feedburner link for feeds" which comes for email subscription also on each and every page of blog. One can also ask visitor to subscribe for blog's updates via emails in the starting of each post which can be done by adding few lines on "single.php" page from the wordpress dashboard.
4. Layout is important: Remember the old saying "First impression is last impression"? It is still valid in blogging. Choose best template for your blog and place the proper widgets on it. Choose color, fonts, font size effectively.
5. Social bookmarking is the best platform: Everyone knows that social bookmarking sites like digg, reddit, SU send tremendous amount of traffic, but that traffic is short living and also the traffic quality is bad. But traffic which comes through social bookmarking sites is interest driven, so if your blog is catchy and provides good information, then large percent of these visits will be turning into regular visitors. In addition to submitting updates in these sites, put quick links on your blog to bookmark the content directly.
6. Content is king: Keep yourself in the shoes of a person who is searching google for fix for his email client problem. If you are that person then you would be looking for exact information and technical details of the email client. Now if you find exact answer to your questions on any particular blog then it is probable that in future also you will visit that blog for further updates and experiments. Always make sure to provide exact details of any issue of blog's niche.
7. Quality of content matters: Main focus should be on the content and the quality of the content. One has to make sure that the content provided on the blog is error free. Grammer, spelling, facts (if you are providing any) must be correct by all means which makes good impression in visitor's mind. Respond to comments submitted by visitors.
8. Research: Spend some time in searching for new ideas on blogging. Check out the latest updates on other blogs of your own niche and do some extra research on them. Come out with new articles every other day.
These are few things which can boost traffic and visibility of blog over web drastically. So if you are starting new blog, make sure to experiment and implement these points in your blogging routine.
In recent times we have seen tremendous growth in blogs and bloggers. Blogging has become a perfect platform for many to express themselves, to share and more importantly to earn online. This trend is increasing in a positive tone, however with the increasing number of blogs over web, it has become tough to get proper readership as well as visibility in the blogosphere. In the mean time there are few things which can be done to increase readershi
Article Source: http://www.ArticleBiz.com