Cisco CCNA And CCENT Certification Training: 10 Frame Relay Practice Exam Questions
By: Chris Bryant
Frame Relay is a major topic on your CCNA and CCENT certification exams, and for good reason. Frame Relay is a part of just about every Wide Area Network (WAN) you'll ever work with, and you've got to know how to configure and troubleshoot FR to be successful in the exam room and your job.
To help you pass the CCNA and CCENT exams and be prepared for real-world success, here are 10 free Cisco certification exam training questions on Frame Relay. Some have choices, some do not - after all, there's no multiple choice at the command line!
1. Your Frame Relay provider is guaranteeing you a certain amount of bandwidth that will be available to you at any given time. What acronym is used to describe that guaranteed bandwidth?
A. DE B. CIR C. LMI D. BECN E. FECN
2. A Frame Relay cloud consists of what device types? A. Frame Relay switches acting as DCEs B. Frame Relay switches acting as DTEs C. Frame Relay routers acting as DCEs D. Frame Relay routers acting as DTEs
3. Which of the following terms describes Frame Relay? A. packet-switching B. circuit-switching C. relatively inexpensive when compared to other WAN connectivity methods D. relatively expensive when compared to other WAN connectivity methods
4. What message types serve as keepalives between the DTE and DCE? A. LMI B. DLCI C. DE D. CIR
5. Short answer: What is the default encapsulation type of a Cisco router Serial interface?
6. Short answer: When LMI Autosense is in effect, what message type(s) does the DTE send to the DCE?
7. Short answer: When LMI Autosense is in effect, what message type(s) does the DCE then send to the DTE after receiving the message(s) referred to in question 6?
8. What command resulted in the following output? LMI Statistics for interface Serial0 (Frame Relay DTE) LMI TYPE = ANSI Invalid Unnumbered info 0 Invalid Prot Disc 0 Invalid dummy Call Ref 0 Invalid Msg Type 0 Invalid Status Message 0 Invalid Lock Shift 0 Invalid Information ID 0 Invalid Report IE Len 0 Invalid Report Request 0 Invalid Keep IE Len 0 Num Status Enq. Sent 121 Num Status msgs Rcvd 94 Num Update Status Rcvd 0 Num Status Timeouts 26
A. show frame pvc B. show frame lmi C. show frame timeouts D. debug frame lmi
9. What command resulted in the following output?
R1# 3d04h: Serial0(out): StEnq, myseq 49, yourseen 94, DTE down 3d04h: datagramstart = 0xE329E4, datagramsize = 14 3d04h: FR encap = 0x00010308 3d04h: 00 75 95 01 01 00 03 02 31 5E
A. show frame pvc B. show frame lmi C. show frame dte D. debug frame lmi
10. Short answer: What protocol enables dynamic Frame Relay mapping?
Here are the answers! No peeking!
1. (B). That's the Committed Information Rate - the CIR.
2. (A). A Frame Relay cloud consists of Frame Relay switches, and those are DCEs.
Chris Bryant, CCIE #12933, is the owner of The Bryant Advantage (http://www.thebryantadvantage.com ), home of free CCNA and CCNP tutorials, and The Ultimate CCNA and CCNP Study Packages.
For free daily CCNA, CCNP, CCENT, and Microsoft Server 2008 and Vista certification questions, just visit the website and sign up for the daily newsletter or visit the site blog!
Article Source: http://www.ArticleBiz.com