Your Designer Handbag Collection
By: Andrew Hillman
So you love handbags. You love the way they look and you love buying them. However, when it comes to choosing the right handbag with the right outfit, you are completely clueless! While some find it easy to create a system to match accessories with their outfits, others find it an extremely daunting task. Not to fear. There are a few simple, creative ways to get organized and out on the town painlessly and fashionably.
I once used to be highly disorganized picking up different items to wear from different parts of my apartment. The penny finally dropped the day I arrived late at a job interview that offered the opportunity to travel the world and earn a six figure salary.
The consequences for being disorganized can sometimes be financially disastrous, emotionally overwhelming and physically exhausting. As you build your handbag collection, it pays to have a system in place to ensure that you can easily identify and retrieve the handbag you desire for a specific event.
These tips should get your handbags and your life organized quickly and efficiently.
1. Think about organizing your handbag according to color and size. You could have all your black bags in one section and arrange them according to size. You could have them in an ascending order with the smaller bags to the left and the bigger ones to the right.
2. Everyone has a 'secret weapon' in their collection and I'm sure you do to. Those set of designer handbags that always attract the most attention and get unlimited complements when you're at a party or event. In some cases, those Gucci, Fendi, and Coach bags can be your best and most important secret weapons. These designer bags you could keep separate from the rest. That way, your handbags can be accessible when you need them.
3. If you're pressed for space and your collection is growing by the day, you might consider using a coat rack. A coat stand with a lot of branches from top to bottom works well for organizing your handbags. Have your 'secret weapon' handbags at the top and the luxury handbags you use more often towards the bottom.
4. You could sort your authentic designer handbags according to designers. All Gucci handbags in one section, all Burberry bags in another and your beautiful Fendi handbags in yet another section.
5. When you have an enormous designer handbag collection but are without a personal stylist then this is what I would advise. You could place specific designer handbags and shoes together. I mean those award-winning combinations that attract all the envy and attention wherever you go.
The list above is by no way exhaustive but I hope it sets you on the path towards thinking about how you can better organize your handbag collection to give you more joy when dressing up, a wonderful display to show your friends and more time to take spend looking more beautiful.
Andrew is an author for a variety of online fashion websites including shopping for girls where you can compare Prada handbags styles and prices